We have three clear aims, which are:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who have a shared characteristic and those who do not
At Eastern Multi-Academy Trust. equality of opportunity applies to all members of the school community – pupils, staff, governors, parents and community members.
Our equality objectives are based on our analysis of data and other information collected throughout the year.
Equality Objectives – 2017/2018
- To ensure that all staff and governors are aware of current legislation relating to equality and diversity and that all governors and staff understand the Trust’s responsibility in this area
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and special educational needs or disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils
- To promote cultural understanding and awareness and tolerance of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our academy communities
- To raise levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and academy life, across all activities, including regular attendance to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement. We will aim to raise aspirations among children and parents and raise awareness of career options for all children, challenging gender stereotypes
- To promote mental health awareness and develop appropriate interventions where necessary
- Close gaps in progress between all groups of pupils, especially students
eligible for the pupil’s premium and others. Ensure rates of progress for
other groups such as pupils with special educational needs and
disabilities, looked after children and pupils from minority ethnic groups
are at least good.
- Monitor the incidence of the use of homophobic, sexist and racist
language by pupils in our academies
- To support each academy to annually review, revise and develop the curriculum so that it represents a diverse culture and society and encourages tolerance and respect
For further information, please see our Equality and Diversity policy.